Annual Interact Club Match-O-Matics Fundraiser is Back for 2024

Ethan Lalumiere

City High Interact Club is back with a new Match-O-Matics project. Match-O-Matics is one of Interact’s February projects and it’s meant to provide some fun around Valentine’s Day and help keep spirits up as we near the end of the second trimester.

“Match-O-Matics is a fundraiser organized by City High Interact Club. Interact collects funds to donate while City High students find their “perfect match” in the school,” Lanira Siron, Co-President of Interact, said. 

Students interested in participating can fill out a Google Form questionnaire and access their survey results with their perfect match for a $1 donation. The proceeds of Match-O-Matics will go towards Open Heartland. 

“The organization we will be donating to is Open Heartland. Open Heartland is a nonprofit organization that works to improve the lives of local immigrants from Mexico and Central America. All of the money raised from this event will go to providing food, shelter, and safety to these community members,” Siron said.

The way Match-O-Matics works is pretty simple. It asks students different questions to find their personality type and what they’re looking for, and then matches students with other participants.

“Students interested fill out a Google Form,” Siron said, “Then, Interact members analyze the results and match people who have the most compatible responses.”