IGHSAU Releases 5A Regional Brackets

Girls Basketball to host the Region 6 first-round game on Valentine’s Day
Megan Swartzendruber
Emmy McComas ’25 contemplates her next move, attempting to bamboozle the defense

Where: The Little Hawk Arena

When: 7 PM

Ticket Sales ONLINE ONLY, linked at the bottom of the story.

As the Little Hawks (7-14) face off against Davenport North (4-17), they hope to stay alive in this postseason all-or-nothing bracket play. 

Just last week in a game against CR Kennedy, August Palmer ‘25 hit 1000 career points. The junior has created a huge impact on this Little Hawk roster, putting up a team-best 14.5 PPG and 3.6 Assists PG. As the postseason comes up, the young team will be looking for their older leaders who have been in this position before, to show up in numerous ways.

Some of these faces will include Tessa Driscoll ‘26 and Emmy McComas ‘25, who have both been a part of the varsity starting lineup for most of their careers. Driscoll leads the Little Hawks with 79% from the FT and 36% for 3P. McComas gives the Little Hawks the upper hand on both ends of the courts, racking up 4.6 defensive and 1.2 offensive rebounds per game.

As City High prepares to take on Davenport West, a team that has recently come back in the 4th quarter, the Little Hawks may have to continue to rely on old names and new ones. Kaitlin Loria ‘27 was just up for Athlete of the Week, along with fellow teammates Palmer and Driscoll in separate weeks. Loria has been a standout freshman on this young team, being top three in almost every stat category, and a ball of energy on the court.

Tess Driscoll ’26 looks for options to inbound the ball. (Megan Swartzendruber)

Davenport West’s lead scorers, junior Holdorf and senior Paustain will have to compete until the end against the chemistry this year’s City High team has found. Throughout the season, with many ups and downs, the Little Hawks have battled and will continue to for their postseason run to last.

If the Little Hawks advance they will take on Pleasant Valley (17-4) on Saturday, February 17th, 2024 at 7 PM.

Tickets VIA Bound