BREAKING NEWS: City High Sweeps at Mock Trial Regionals

After the Regionals competition, four City High Mock Trial teams advance to State
City Mock Trial’s Junior Team takes a group picture before their final round, fighting as the Prosecution side. Photo courtesy of Brody Clarke

At the Mock Trial Regionals Competition, there were only four slots to get into State. Out of 12 teams at the competition, City High took each and every slot. The sophomore team took first place while the senior, junior, and mixed upperclassmen teams followed behind them.

The competition consisted of two rounds and awards at 5:15. To advance to State, each team had to score high enough in comparison to every other team in attendance. The City High teams that qualified for state all won both of their rounds, being the only four teams in the entire competition to do so.

The State competition will be held in Des Moines on the 28th and 29th, with two rounds being held on Thursday and the third and last round being held on Friday. As the final stretch of the Mock Trial season begins, teams continue polishing their cases.

“Finding out that we got into State was super exciting, but also incredibly stressful now knowing that we really have to focus for the State Tournament,” Molly Savage ‘25, a member of the junior team said.