Liverpool Will Win The Premier League

Coach Jurgen Klopp’s departure sparks a new fire in Liverpool players
Isabella Young

Liverpool FC will win the premier league in soccer for a variety of reasons, including the world class players they have that can step up to make a difference, like Mohammed Salah and Virgil Van Dijk, and all of the young players stepping up while the team are in an injury crisis, like Conor Bradley and Jayden Danns. In general, the team has high motivation to win because coach and Liverpool legend Jurgen Klopp announced he is leaving at the end of the season. This departure seems to have lit a fire for Liverpool players, and they seem more motivated to win than ever.

Mohammed Salah has always been Liverpool’s most reliable player for consistency, and he has shown that with his 24 goals and 13 assists this season. The Liverpool attacking players are plentiful, like Luis Diaz, Darwin Nunez, Cody Gakpo, and Diogo Jota, who can score a lot of goals effectively. The midfield has been completely revamped, and it has worked immediately, with Klopp bringing in Dominik Szoboszlai, Alex Mac Allister, Wataru Endo, and Ryan Gravenberch, who have all rotated this season effectively. The defense is also working well, so even with injuries to defensive starters like Van Dijk, Konate, Trent-Alexander Arnold, and Robertson, others like Conor Bradley, Quansah, and Tsimikas can step up to do a job.

Most recently, Liverpool played a Carabao Cup final against Chelsea FC. Despite Chelsea being horrendous this season and showing no character, Liverpool winning was still an achievement because of the amount of injuries they had, as they had to play multiple kids out on the field. Gary Neville famously called this, “Klopp’s kids vs the blue billion pound bottlejobs.” This win gave Liverpool momentum to continue to win in the premier league as they seek to win the cup.

The 1-0 win was finished off by Captain Virgil Van Dijk scoring the header to win it in extra time. This seemed to instill a belief in Liverpool players and this momentum could carry them on to lift the premier league trophy. Despite being knocked out in FA cup by Man United 4-3 recently, They still continued to try and win in the Europa league as well as they advanced to the quarter finals where they will play against Atalanta after demolishing Sparta Prague 11-2 over 2 games, as they now look among the favorites to win that competition as well.

With now 9 premier league games remaining in the season, Liverpool sits in a good position being 1st, 2 points ahead of Arsenal and 3 ahead of Manchester City. They also have some of the easiest remaining games, giving them a good chance of winning, with the tougher games remaining for them being the Manchester United game and the Aston Villa game. All of these reasons, including the team’s motivation to win, the strength of their team, and the position they currently sit in is why Liverpool will win the Premier league.