Student Senate Recap: Homecoming Weekend Creeps Closer

Olivia Lusala

Invested in the workings of City High’s very own bureaucracy? You’ve come to the right place.

Mira Bohannan Kumar, Web & Copy Editor

The Student Senate meeting on Wednesday, September 12 began with President Lottie Gidal breaking those assembled into committees.

“Things are coming up fast, and I know everyone is doing a lot of good work in their committees,” Gidal said. We’ll break off into groups for about 15 minutes, and then we’ll come back together as a group and talk about what we need from the whole group.”

The committees reported on progress and decisions made.

“We’re going to sell tickets on the 21 during lunch and the next week during lunch and after school,” Treasurer Rachel Volkman ’19 said. “Red and white [decorations].”

The Powderpuff football game, which will take place after the parade, is also underway. The committee is looking for one student announcer and referees.

“Mrs. Watson and Mrs. Kenuckie have always done the announcing in the past and they’ll do it again,” Melanie Gibbens, faculty adviser, said.

The Homecoming Court voting will proceed on Google Forms to preempt possible hacking attempts.

“We found a way to make Google Forms work,” Gidal said. “Now [adults] just have to put in all the names.”

The Student Senate meets every Wednesday from 8:15-8:45 in room 3311. To learn more, please attend meetings, which are open to all students.