Student Senate Recap: Winter Plans Abound

Olivia Lusala

Invested in the workings of City High’s very own bureaucracy? You’ve come to the right place.

Mira Bohannan Kumar, Web & Copy Editor

The meeting on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 began with discussion of Powderbuff volleyball.

“Concerns have been raised about the name Powderbuff, which is totally valid,” President Lottie Gidal ’19 said. “So I thought we’d open that up to discussion.”

The Senate settled on calling both volleyball and football Powderpuff games to even out the two events.

The Senate broke into committees for the Can Drive, the winter formal, and the newly named Powderpuff volleyball game.

Chip Hardesty, a faculty adviser, brought to the attention of the Senate what he labeled unreasonably high costs for graduation packages. The Senate discussed options for minimizing cost, such as buying back graduation gowns from students to reuse them, as well as creating a coalition of student senates which would talk to the school board about different options.

The student senate meets every Wednesday from 8:15-8:45 in room 3311. To learn more, attend meetings, which are open to all students, or contact Steve Tygrett, the primary faculty adviser.