Orchestra to Hold Annual Dessert Concert

Taking a twist on a traditional orchestra concert the dessert concert is back for 2019.

Lottie Gidal

While choir students have been working with the music for months, the orchestra and band students had only been preparing for two weeks

Zoë Miller, Features Editor

The annual City High Orchestra Dessert Concert will be held Wednesday, March 13. The concert will begin at 7:30 pm.  Tickets are $12 and include cupcakes after the performance. The Dessert Concert is the orchestra’s fundraiser for the year. Each year there is a different theme for the show; this year the theme for the symphony orchestra is musicals.

“We’re playing music from ‘The Lion King’ and ‘Mamma Mia,’ and ‘Phantom of the Opera’ is our big full orchestra piece that has band in it too,” Beatrice Kearns ‘19 said. “[It’s going to be] really exciting. We are going to be wearing masks and there are going to be lights and a fog machine.”

One thing that has changed between this year and past years is the leadership behind the concert. This year, planning has been student-led. There is a Dessert Concert committee that has worked to pick the pieces for the concert.