Bobby Bacon
Bobby Bacon
Reporter

Halle’s Black Girl Anthem: Angel

Movie star and artist Halle Bailey has debuted as a soloist with her single track, Angel
Wisdom Konu

From her YouTube cover days to movie stardom, Halle Bailey has come a long way and has now debuted as a solo singer with her song, Angel. Halle started her music career by making song covers with her older sister Chloe, which mainly included songs by Beyoncé. Through their covers, Chloe and Halle soon became discovered by Beyoncé, and later on, the starlets were signed under her label Parkwood Entertainment. Recently, Chloe and Halle have ventured into their own solo projects. Chloe was the first of the two sisters to venture into her solo career and earlier this year, Chloe released her first studio album In Pieces.  

Halle’s solo projects include her role as Princess Ariel in the live-action remake of The Little Mermaid. From fins to legs, Halle has now begun her journey as a solo artist and released her newest single, Angel.

Angel is a personal love letter to Black women around the world from Halle herself. Through its gentle sound, Angel has touched the hearts of many people, including me. The first time I heard this song, I felt seen and felt that my beauty as a Black girl was appreciated, and I’m sure that other girls with my skin complexion can relate as well. Angel is a self-empowering piece that delves into the experience of growing up as a Black woman in this world. With her role as Ariel, Halle constantly spoke about being a figure for the Black youth, and how representation like that is extremely important. With Angel, she continues to preach that message through her lyrics.

As a Black girl, I think Angel is inspiring and uplifting, and I believe that this song is going to help a lot of people through their personal battles. I hope when people listen to this song they understand how beautiful Black women and girls are. They are resilient, strong, and brilliant, and it shows from their unmatched beauty.