Halle Larew
Halle Larew
Reporter

LH Movie Review: The Eras Tour

An honest review of the movie coming from a diehard Swiftie
Claire Hartwig

I can recall my Eras concert like yesterday. Trading friendship bracelets with the other swifties around me, Applause by Lady Gaga playing and the countdown that followed, and the hot July sun starting to set as Taylor Swift came out on stage. Flash forward to a couple of months ago when Taylor announced the movie would happen. I was super excited! I’d relive my concert, maybe even see some behind-the-scenes footage like her other documentaries have shown, and get to go with more of my friends this time. 

As much as I enjoyed my time at the concert, I didn’t enjoy the film version so much. If you went to an in-person concert, it would last 3+ hours. For the film version, Swift resorted to cutting out songs to shorten the length of it. These songs were fan favorites and people were excited to see them in the movie. If you attended the movie as your concert experience, you wouldn’t even see the full thing. 

On the one hand, it’s easy to push aside how people who didn’t attend the concert felt about the movie. But for those people, they took advantage of the experience! On TikTok, I’ve seen fans singing, trading bracelets, and dancing around. They have been treating the movie like a real concert experience. But honestly, I think the whole thing was disappointing. Fans were sad Swift decided to cut songs and that there was nothing special about the movie. Ever since the opening night of The Eras Tour, pretty much every night has been streamed online for fans to see the concert. It’s not like the concert was exclusive and only fans attending could see it. 

When Taylor did the Reputation Stadium Tour movie, she did something unique. Swift added behind-the-scenes footage of her before and after concerts, as well as setting up the stage and including fan footage. I think this added to the experience and showed a different side of Taylor. This was also what I was expecting the Eras Tour movie to be like. 

Overall I think if you haven’t been to The Eras Tour and you want to see this movie it could be worth it to go! But if you’ve attended the show already, I wouldn’t waste your time or money to pay for a ticket to see it.