Sam Kueter
Sam Kueter
Reporter

Local Fire Ravages Apartment Unit & Dental Lab

The aftermath of the fire rendered the building a loss. 
Photo courtesy of Kara Hartley.
The aftermath of the fire rendered the building “a loss.” Photo courtesy of Kara Hartley.
The aftermath of the fire rendered the building "a loss." Photo courtesy of Kara Hartley.
The aftermath of the fire rendered the building “a loss.”
Photo courtesy of Kara Hartley.

Police were immediately on the scene when a local apartment unit and dental lab caught fire Tuesday evening. It is suspected that an unattended pot of oils lit on fire and quickly spread throughout the apartment and through the ceiling, quickly engulfing the entire structure.

All residents were able to evacuate before they were injured, but the structure was declared a loss. Red Cross staff were also immediately on hand providing assistance through temporary housing, food, and clothing. District case managers are currently rallying to obtain additional clothing for family members.

“At this time, we are confident that the needs are being met and we will continue to assist this family in making connection with additional community resources as they secure permanent housing in the future,” City High School Family Case Manager Kim Rees said.

In addition, City High’s Student Senate is making a sizeable contribution towards the family. If you wish to contribute anything towards the families affected, contact Student Senate.