Wisdom Konu
Wisdom Konu
Executive Editor and Culture Co-Editor

BREAKING NEWS: Drama Department Releases Cast List for Spring Musical

Estie Dillard

On January 28th, City High Drama Director Lauren Darby and Head Choreographer Betsy Staak, released the cast for the upcoming musical Singing in the Rain coming in April of this year. Singing in the Rain is a Hollywood classic filmed in 1952, and the movie has been recreated around the world in various films, musicals, and plays. 

The lead role, Don Lockwood, will be played by senior Ian DeLeeuw ‘24.

“It means a lot to me to get the lead role in a musical for the first time, and I am very appreciative of everyone in the theater family. I’m very excited for the whole process to eventually come together and work with these amazing people,” said DeLeeuw.

A familiar City musical face, Avery Provorse ’24, who played Donna in Mamma Mia last spring, will be taking on the lead role of Kathy Selden. 

“It feels absolutely thrilling to be given a lead role again, and I feel very valued in the theater community. I remember absolutely loving it last year, and it makes me excited to see what’s to come,” said Provorse.

Junior Yomi Hemley ‘25 will be playing Lina Lamont which is a significant role that he is very thrilled to occupy. 

“I’m really excited because this is my first time having a role in a musical and I’m mostly excited for costumes and working with the cast. I can’t wait for rehearsals to start and get the show on the road,” said Hemley.