‘Singin’ in the Rain’ Ends Show Run with Sold Out Matinee

Megan Swartzendruber
Yomi Hemley ‘25 and Ian Deleeuw ‘24 perform as Lina Lamont and Don Lockwood in ‘Singin’ in the Rain’

After months of hard work from the cast, directors, crews and pit, City High’s Singin’ in the Rain production has come to an end. There were four performances this weekend, with the last show, Sunday’s matinee, even selling out.

Singin’ in the Rain was a difficult production, due to the number of shifts and props there were, along with the difficulty that came with making it rain in Opstad Auditorium.

“I think that the show came a long way from where we started, and because of all the work put in by the cast and crew it went really well,” Lili Moessner ’24, an Assistant Stage Manager, said

Students involved in the pit, cast, dance corps, crew, and directing this year worked hard during tech week, staying late nights and collaborating to make the show come together.

“Despite how complicated the shifts were this year, I loved getting to see it all come together. Cast and crew did a great job and I enjoyed getting another opportunity to lead a crew, outside of show choir,” Moessner said.

For seniors, Singin’ in the Rain was their last City High production.

“I think what I will miss most are the days when we didn’t have school, and we were called for dance intensives. I got to spend hours with a small group of the greatest people doing something that we all love, and what is better than dancing with people that you enjoy?” said Grace Kirshling ’24, a member of dance corps.

Singin’ in the Rain was definitely a challenge and in many ways was very different from other musicals that the City Drama has put on in previous years, and Moessner is grateful for her experiences in the Drama Department.

“I am so grateful to have been surrounded by so many amazing people. Although I plan to continue working in crews and management throughout college, I will miss being surrounded by people I consider [to be] some of my closest friends,” said Moessner.