Senior Class President Cassidy Bringle Takes Charge In The Student Senate

It’s an early Wednesday morning and a group of Student Senate members file into the Little Theater to discuss the final plans for homecoming.

Right now Student Senate is planning a Powderpuff football game, where junior girls and senior girls will play against each other, junior and senior boys cheerlead during the game. The event will take place September 25th.

“We have haven’t had it for a couple years, so Aspen Miller 14’ thought of the idea of bringing it back to City High,” said President Cassidy Bringle 14’.

Homecoming is only one of the many activities Student Senate has planned for this year and Bringle is already busy planning how to make her senior year count.

“[My goal] as senior class president is not to just do the things that we do normally, like the dances and the can drive,” Bringle said, “but to address more concerns within the school and get involved with other things within the community.”

Even though their current focus is on Homecoming, the group’s overall goal is trying hard to communicate with the student body about current issues.

“What we want is to be as active as possible,” Student Senate sponsor and adviser Chip Hardesty said. “[We want] to have students come and say what they are concerned about.”

In the past there have been examples where the effects of Student Senate has taken place. A few years ago the library used to be a restricted place, once you came into the library that is where you had to stay. A student brought this up in a meeting and Student Senate was able to talk to the principal and have this changed. Topics like these are the kind of things Student Senate deals with.

“Overall we are just here to make City High a better place,” Treasurer/Secretary Aspen Miller said.

Want to get involved in student senate? Talk to Chip Hardesty, Mr. Tigrett in room #2305, or any of Student Senate members for more information. They meet every Wednesday at 7:30 in The Little Hawk Theater, everyone is welcome!