Lili Moessner
Lili Moessner
Yearbook Editor

Interact Club Opens First Little Hawk Prom Boutique

This year, Interact Club has started City High’s first Little Hawk Prom Boutique, where any student is able to donate or receive formal wear completely free of charge.

“So, the idea for a prom boutique was given to us by one of our Interact Club members, Ania Naso (‘25). She thought that it would be an amazing thing for everyone to look the way they wanted for prom. Additionally, she thought this would be a good way for people to clean out their closet,” member Lanira Siron ‘25 said.

So far, the drive’s first year has been successful with over 50 items donated, and more than 10 students taking the clothes to wear. Interact Club plans on continuing this drive next year, as well as possibly doing something similar for City High Homecoming.

“I know it’s a stereotype to wear short dresses to homecoming, and we’ve gotten a bunch of those. So we will already have clothing going into next year, which is great,” Siron said.

Interact Club is a club supported by Rotary Club, an international organization that focuses around service.

“As a member, I think there’s a lot of kids who are really inspired to do service and really have their heart set on what Interact Club stands for, which is the most important part. I think we need to work on like organization a little more, but especially this year, and last year, we’ve been getting improving a lot there. So I think next year we’ll have a really good basis to build on to the programs that we’ve started this year,” West Kauper ‘25 said.

Interact Club is already working on future events, such as the Dance Marathon they are organizing on May 18th, and making plans for the next school year.

“I think we’ll get better over the years. I’ve been in it since freshman year, and each year [Interact Club] just gets bigger and does more. I just think it’s gonna stay on this track. We have some really promising leaders in our group, and I’m so excited for them to take over in coming years. I only have positive things to say about the future,” Siron said.