Battle for The Boot Preview

The Little Hawks jog off the field at the UNI Dome
Tonight the Little Hawks face their toughest challenge of the year: cross-town rivals Iowa City West. The Trojans are undefeated at 6 and 0 while the Hawks sit at 4 and 2. The Trojans are coming off of a 76-28 victory versus Dubuque Hempstead. City High suffered a home loss to Dubuque Senior 21-0 last Friday. City High has some injuries, with Mitch Wieland ‘14 out with a knee injury, and Parker Reineke ‘13 with a season-ending ACL injury.
West High has had arguably the most explosive offense in the state with senior receivers Dondre Alexander and Jeremy Morgan catching a combined 9 touchdowns in the first 5 games. West comes into the game healthy and undefeated, but don’t count out the Little Hawks who have won The Boot for 8 years straight, after last years 42-24 home victory where running back Ronald Thompson rushed for a school record amount of yards.
Everybody in town will be watching anxiously to see what squad is the best in Iowa City this season. The theme for students is extreme red and white, and remember, athletic passes will not work, so be ready to purchase a ticket! The Battle for the Boot begins with the sophomore game at 5 o’clock, followed immediately by the varsity game. Come cheer on your Little Hawks in the biggest game of the year!