Finding a Place in a School of 1700

City High’s largest freshman class faces high school changes.

Zoë Hopewell, Reporter

The halls are crowded, the classes are full, and sometimes it’s hard to find a place to fit in a school as big as City High. However, this year’s freshman class is finding a way to navigate through their first few weeks of high school.

“[City] is a lot bigger than Southeast, but once you spend a few days in the building walking around to your classes, it gets easier,” Ruby Anderson ‘19 said.

Other freshmen agree that it can be hard to find their way around.

“It’s big and confusing… and I get lost. But other than that, it’s pretty cool,” said Adeline Bradley ‘19.

City offers a variety of clubs and sports, which offer everyone, including freshmen, an opportunity to meet people they may not otherwise. These clubs include everything from Interact Club to Debate to Art Club, so everyone can find something that interests them.

“There’s so many clubs that sound like fun… there’s a lot of options,” said Anderson. “I want to do the art club once that starts up again.”

Freshmen also think that the school is a community, and they already feel like a part of it, even though they’ve only been here for a couple weeks.

“Everyone here is generally pretty nice, and it’s a good community and learning environment,” Anderson said. Bradley agrees that although the school is big, she feels a sense of solidarity.

“I know that I’m not the only freshman here that feels out of place,” she said. “So I feel in place with the other people who feel out of place.”