City High Holds ’96 Class Alumni Tour

The last tour of the year will be taking place this weekend for the graduating class of 1996.

Courtney Hoang, Reporter

The class of 1996 is set to tour City High for their 20 year reunion that tributes towards the Matthew Watson memorial journalism scholarship. In honor of Matt’s passion for journalism, one senior on the Little Hawk media will be receiving this scholarship for their demonstration of leadership and journalistic efforts.

Watson, a graduate of this class unfortunately died in an accident. This last tour for the year will give a chance to the relative City High community of donating in order to compensate for the funds of the scholarship.

The tour takes place on Saturday, September 24th, 2016 at 11 o’clock in the morning until around 12 in the afternoon and will be joined by several of the City High ambassadors along with the graduating class of 1996.

“I was pretty excited to sign up and help at the alumni tour,” Ambassadors Axel Hurtado said, “but by the time I went in the attendance office, the sheet was filled up.”

The participating red coats will be preparing for the tour and welcoming the class to come in. The graduates will go through macro and micro parts of the building to observe the differences made to the campus in the span of two decades.

Currently, the count of those attending is up to 100 graduates. The time ticks on and parents, teachers, and the students of City High will all soon be conjoined for this event.