Little Shop of Horrors Auditions Approaching

Reese Hill

The hallway next to Opstad’s “vom” entrance.

Reese Hill, Reporter

This year’s spring musical production, Little Shop of Horrors, is preparing to hold auditions.

Anyone interested in being involved is encouraged to try out. An informational meeting will be held in Room 1510 on Tuesday, January 23rd at 4:10 p.m. A musical vocal workshop will be held the following day, Jan 24th at 4:15 PM, in the choir room. Attending these meetings is recommended, but not required.

Beginning January 23rd, an audition sign-up sheet and selections of Little Shop of Horrors music will be available in Room 1510.

Auditions will be held in the choir room on January 30th and 31st from 4:15 to 6:00. Auditions are held in private, with only one performing in the room at a time. Actors will deliver a one-minute prepared monologue of choice and sing a song from Little Shop of Horrors or a favorite song from a similar musical. A piano accompanist will be present, but actors are welcome to sing with the piano, their own CD, or a capella.

For all those debating whether or not to try out, Troy Peters, English teacher and director of City’s drama productions, encourages auditioning.

“I would say give it a shot,” Peters said. “You never know what’s going to happen.  Sometimes freshmen are cast, and sometimes it’s just seniors.  We always try to fit the people that fit the puzzle… We keep it as low-stress as we can.  So if people make a mistake, try it again!”