Interact Club Recap

Emme Perencevich

Infographic by Emme Perencevich

Paris Fuller, News Editor

In room 1102, Tuesday afternoon, ideas for future volunteering oppurtunites were flowing. Students set up a group chat for Crisis Center volunteering next Saturday where students will help with the food. Students 16 and older are able to go by themselves while students under that age limitation will have to bring a parent. Every volunteer will go through orientation before they can handle

A Run for Relief sign up also went around where students can volunteer at Terry Trueblood for the annual charity run. This year the money will go towards Table to Table. An organization that picks up unused food from stores and restaurants then uses that for food.

A Rotary Club representative also joined the club and talked to students about raising money to end polio. Students would ride their bikes and challenge the rotary club to help raise money for this event.

“Somebody could write a challenge to the Tuesday morning Rotary club and say ‘if we do for hours we’ll donate one hundred dollars off the top’ they’re really [still] raising money for polio.”

As the holidays get closer, so does the gift drive where students are encouraged to donate toys, clothing, and any household items for children who live in shelters to have on Christmas morning as well as gifts to give they parents.

Next Tuesday at UAY centers a clothing drive will be held from 4:30-8:30 and students can pick up shifts to help sort clothes.

“Even if you came in and helped during closing that would be just as helpful for them.” Said Noah Weaver ’20.

Students can participate by coming to meetings every Tuesday during advisory. Passes provided from Dr.Humston.