Greta Hayek
Greta Hayek
Assistant Design Editor

24 City High students embark for Spain

Today, March 8, 2012,  24 students and two staff members will be leaving for Spain.  The Spain trip has been a tradition at City High since the late 60’s.  The group will be spending two weeks in Spain; The first week will consist of visiting museums, dance shows, cathedrals, and many other historic sites around the country.  According to Sra. Hall, her favorite part of the trip is visiting the city of Sevilla.

City High students are pictured on the Spain trip of 2011. Photo Special to The Little Hawk.

“I love the beauty and historic background of the city,” Sra. Hall said.

The second week of this trip will be spent in the city of Huelva.  This is where the group will be doing its home stays. Senior, Kristen Figueroa, has never been to a Spanish speaking country and decided to go on this trip to experience a new culture.  To prepare for the trip, Kristen, and all of the students have been making photo albums to share with their host families about their lives in America.

“I’m most nervous about the home stays”, Kristen said.  “I want to fit in with my host family.”