HoloNet News – Disney Plans to Make Star Wars Movies For At Least 15 More Years
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Disney CEO, Bob Iger, said in a statement that Disney has enough content and plans for new films to last well into the 2030s.
“We’re starting talk about what could happen after Episode IX,” said Iger during an interview in Santa Monica last week, reports The Hollywood reporter. “About what could be another decade-and-a-half of Star Wars stories.”
We also received release dates for Episode VIII and the 2018 Han Solo movie. Episode VIII: The Last Jedi will be released December 15, 2017. The Han Solo movie will be released May 25, 2018.
Iger said that Disney wouldn’t use CGI to re-animate Carrie Fisher in Episode IX (Like Tarkin in Rogue One). “When we bought Lucasfilm, we were going to make three films, Episodes VII, VIII and IX,” he said. “We had to deal with tragedy at the end of 2016. [But] Carrie appears throughout VIII. We are not changing VIII to deal with her passing. Her performance remains as it is in VIII.”
As it seems unlikely that they would randomly stop including characters in a film like Star Wars, Iger may have accidentally spoiled a major plot point. This is just a thought but perhaps they don’t change anything in the movie because Leia dies. This would be horrible but make more sense than just making her disappear.