Interact Club to help host Iowa MOST Benefit

This benefit will help pay for cleft palate surgeries for children in need. Interact is looking for student artwork to be showcased at the event.

Innes Hicsasmaz, Media Editor

This March, City High will be teaming up with West High to host the annual Iowa MOST Benefit, a fundraiser for the Iowa MOST organization.

Information about the Iowa MOST Benefit
Innes Hicsasmaz
Information about the Iowa MOST Benefit

Iowa MOST, or Miles Of Smiles Team, is a group of doctors, dentists, and volunteers that travels to Guatemala to perform cleft palate surgeries for children in need. They hold an annual benefit to raise money to pay for these surgeries at no cost to the patients.

This year, the MOST Benefit will showcase performances and art by high school students. City High’s Interact Club will be helping West High to raise money and find art for the event.

“West typically has the MOST Benefit, but this year, we decided we could raise more money if we had a City-West joint fundraiser,” Interact President Abby Dickson ’16 said.

Interact Club will be selling tickets and looking for art to be auctioned off or displayed at the benefit.

“Any talent works,” Dickson said. “We don’t have any art yet, and we need that!”

Auditions for special talents are now closed, but if interested in submitting artwork, talk to Interact Club Presidents Dickson or Sonali Durham ’16.

Contact them by email at [email protected] or [email protected]

The benefit will be held on Sunday, March 6, at the West High Auditorium, at 6:00 pm. Interact will begin selling tickets closer to this date, and tickets will be $8 for students, $10 for adults and at the door.

Visit the Iowa MOST website for information about the organization and the work they do.