Marsh and Rutherford in the Lead in the Cutest Couple Contest

Courtesy of Kayla Moore

LH Cutest Couple Contest: Kayla Moore and Jayden Freeman. Anyone can vote on @InstaLittleHawk on Instagram.

Greta Stanier, Reporter

As Valentine’s Day nears, City High’s Cutest Couple Contest on Instagram is in full swing. Numerous City High students and staff have submitted their entries to The Little Hawk’s Instagram, where the couple with the most likes will be awarded a prize.

After the first week of the contest, Rachel Marsh ‘22 and Aaron Rutherford ‘22 are in the lead, followed by Faith Odhiambo ‘ 22 and Erin Leibig ‘22, and then Madelyn Hellwig ‘21 and Katherine Geerdes ‘21. As for the staff category, Scott and Jill Jesperson have taken the lead. 

“I love to see all the couples that join,” Chloe Mayfield ‘21 said. “Everyone’s pictures are so cute and it’s fun to see everyone have so much fun with this.” 

Mayfield entered the contest with her boyfriend Elliot Tomek ‘20. 

“Elliot and I entered because why not? We love taking pictures together and have quite a few,” Mayfield said. “It’s also fun to post about it, and it’s been a highlight to being stuck inside.”

Couples can still enter the contest by submitting photos through direct message on Instagram or emailing [email protected]. To enter, there need to be two people in the photo, and one person must be a student or staff at City High 

Voting for the Cutest Couple Contest will continue on The Little Hawk Instagram, @instalittlehawk, and will last until February 12 at noon. The student couple with the most likes and the Little Hawk editors choice will be awarded a 50 dollar gift card to Basta. The most liked staff couple will receive a hoodie.

“[Winning] would be something fun to remember for my senior year because online school is really hard,” Mayfield explained. “I would be happy if anyone won though, all the couples are adorable.”