Boys Golf Season Update

The Boys Golf Team began their season over the summer, and Jonathan House has an update.

Boys Golf Season Update

Jonathan House, Sports Editor

The City High boys golf team has begun its season, starting (9-33), and are looking for more consistency, especially in the short game.

“I think overall we need to be more consistent in our putting, and just play more consistent golf,” captain Calvin Greenberg ‘16 said.

The Little Hawks have six returning letterwinners, including Greenberg, Tyler Courtney ‘16, Jack Berg ‘16, Izaak Perez ‘16, Garrett Highly ‘17, and Alex Kooker ‘17. Will Pedersen ‘18 has been working over the summer, and will look to contribute later in the season.

“We have a lot of returning people, so we’ll just build off of that,” Greenberg said.

The amount of returning players is something that Jack Berg thinks the team can use heading forward.

“I hope our team can get to state, that’s our main goal, [but we also want to] kind of set the bar for future teams, and be a good influence for the freshman, to show them where they want to be at when they get to senior level or junior level,” Berg said.

The team also thinks that the bond they have with one another will help them, as well as make the season more enjoyable.

“[Golf is] relaxing, it’s fun. Getting to know the guys on the team, we’re all pretty close, we’re all friends,” Berg said.

The next meet will be Thursday, September 3 at Pleasant Valley golf course. Greenberg says playing there is always a good experience.

“I like playing at PV, because it’s our home course, and we play there all season. So it’s a little bit of an advantage as opposed to other teams,” Greenberg stated.